header info

To see what jewelry creations are currently available Click here!

Wednesday, June 21, 2017

The Organizing Journey Day 2



Day 2 – Distractions Take Two

At 10pm last night when I got back from the airport, I did peruse a couple of online “container” stores.  Sweet!  Got some great ideas and totally excited to start getting containers, but I know realistically that I shouldn’t get them too early.  It’s better if I plan out my space AND measure things.

Because it’s triple digit weather here and I’ve been away from home for almost three weeks, I have no choice but to get up at 5am to do the orchard work. (Side note: I NEED to get shoes with cleats before I kill myself while mowing the hill).  Then I took Mom out shopping.  It’s 10am now and I still need to have breakfast so I guess my “work day” will start around 10:30.  I’m excited to get a big chunk of “organizing/purging” done today.

And while making breakfast I get a phone call.  A large custom order.  Yay!  I know, total distraction, but the money-making kind of distraction is a lot easier to swallow.  I spend the next hour online ordering the necessary supplies.  Then I eat my breakfast.

The second I take my plate to the kitchen I get an email from my daughter who finds herself in need of birth certificate, social security card, and high school diploma.  Oh boy.  Switch gears.  If I’d already been organized as I wanted, this would take me two minutes.

Whoohoo!  I’m impressed with myself.  Having the fundamentals of organization already set into place, I was able to find all three items in less than 30 minutes. 

That means I get to go into my studio and continue organizing.  Yay!

That didn’t really happen.  I ended up deciding I couldn’t go on without containers.  Ha ha ha!  But seriously… I know I’m supposed to wait and see what the finished product looks like before I set up my container system, but that doesn’t work for me.  I need containers in ORDER to sort.  

So I went to Dollar Tree…


Knowing I have to get up at 5am, I’m going to bed early.  I’m armed and ready to get some organizing done.

To see the beginning of this journey, click here.

2 comments:

  1. You go, Laura. Congratulations on the custom order. Looking forward to seeing your beautiful organized studio.

    ReplyDelete