header info

To see what jewelry creations are currently available Click here!

Sunday, February 26, 2012

A Few New Creations and Some Meandering Rambling

Finally finished and listed that pair of wire-wrapped earrings (click on the photo for more info).



I noticed that I, the hardcore bracelet creator, have been a little skimpy on the bracelet front lately. So I pulled out some heavy gauge sterling wire and a handful of lovely boro beads and made this (click the photo for more info):



Those of you who know me well may not believe this next bit but… I’ve been working with seed beads this week. It helps to have a friend come over and show you how to do certain patterns. I’m half-way through my first project. Can’t wait to show you.

I went to Oakland yesterday to watch a hockey game and catch up with friends. Had a great time (and even squeezed in a fabulous lunch with Gabe). It was a good distraction for me... Mon’s team is in Fairbanks for the end-of-season Regional Championships. The final game is later today. No matter how it turns out, I think Mon’s team rocks! They are hard workers, great hockey players, and really nice girls. Also, I couldn’t be more proud of Monica; her stats in the first four games were:
95% (22 shots)
96% (27 shots)
97% (38 shots)
96% (26 shots)
That’s just wicked awesome!

Oh, finally picked up a small disk cutter. Haven’t tried it out yet, but hope to get to it soon. Gotta clean up the out of control work room… and then I was thinking of working on the book a bit.

My experiments with adding color to resin are still not going well, but I’ll continue, trying different techniques.

Okay, I’m going to admit a really bad habit I have now. As I’m doing stuff on my computer, I’ll come across a recommendation for a site to check out or a youtube to watch or I’ll open a news story and there’s a link I want to follow or anything like this. Here’s where the bad habit comes in… I open the interesting item in a new window so I can check it out later… and later is always filled with other things to do. So at the end of the day, I end up just bookmarking all these pages.

Well, you can imagine how this accumulates. Eek! Maybe you just can’t do everything you want to.



No comments:

Post a Comment