header info

To see what jewelry creations are currently available Click here!

Saturday, August 6, 2011

Finally retired and moved... Check out my latest jewelry creations

Thank you faithful friends for returning to my blog after my long absence.

The move is over (pretty much).

For those who don’t know, I have retired from my day job and plan to spend more time working on my creative endeavors now.

I moved from a city with a population of 450,000 to a town (well, it’s not even a town… and the one next to it only became a town 20 years ago) of 2000.

It’s still going to be a while before I feel completely settled in.

Although I should now have more time to explore some of the other mediums I love (enamel, polymer clay, metal clay, lampwork, etc), I have come to the realization that I just plain old love beads and beading. I love the challenge of finding interesting high-quality components and putting them together in an appealing way.

That being said, here are a few items I made in the past few days (click a photo for more info):









After several requests, I finally got my dangle earring tutorial/kit finished:


Sorry this was such a brief entry, but I am enormously behind on listing, so that’s where I have to put some of my time now.

Talk soon!

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your move, and wishing you all the best in your new ventures....well not necessarily new, but you certainly will now have more time to experiment with your creativity.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on your retirement and move, Laura! Big changes!
    I hope your new situation finds you inspired to direct your creative energies into your wonderful jewelry full time!
    I have totally lost track of the discussion board you had at one point ( my old computer bit the dust and I had not backed up bookmarks). Is it still active? I would love to check in and shoot the breeze about the state of trying to market jewelry online these days, what with changes on Etsy and the public's fright about the economy.
    Cathleen

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really need to spend some more time looking are your stuff ... just found the spread sheet of items in your Blog ... tomorrow, tomorrow <3

    ReplyDelete