header info

To see what jewelry creations are currently available Click here!

Monday, May 3, 2010

Lost TV Series Musings... and New Jewelry Listings

So here I am, about to spend another weekend trying to perfect my photo skills (yes, I started writing this on Saturday… sorry, I kept forgetting to post).

It’s not the equipment. My camera is a good camera. It’s me and my lack of skill (aka: knowledge, experience, etc.).

I didn’t come away with any new insight. Will have another go at it next weekend.

Sigh…

Here’s what I came up with. Click on any photo for listing details.








That last one is unisex. It’s been a LONG time since I made any man-jewelry.

BTW, I listed this vintage piece last week and forgot to show you. It’s from about the 30’s from Europe (most likely Germany).



Tonight I made a necklace (no photo yet) using some enamel pieces I made months ago. I rather like it. :-)



LOST TV SERIES

I posted this in LE tonight and got some info from LE’ers (posted after my blurb)…

So I'm listening to this lecture series on particle physics and one of the people mentioned as I walked to work today was Michael Faraday. I'm thinking, "This name sounds familiar".

Then it dawns on me... Faraday! There was a Faraday on LOST. And thinking about the fact that the character was a scientist in the series, I decided to look it up and see if there was a connection.

Sure enough, the writers did indeed name their character Faraday as a nod to the English physicist who lived from 1791-1867.

Faraday discovered benzene, but he's most famous for his work in the fields of electromagnetism and electrochemistry. I can't begin to tell you the important things he discovered/worked on. If you're interested, you should look him up.

I was struck by today's section of my lecture series because Michael Faraday is referred to as an experimentalist. I thought that was so funny and so appropriate to how many of us jewelry and bead artists are. I would easily refer to myself as an experimentalist way before referring to myself as an artist. :-)

Anyway, what the LE’ers filled me in on is the following: “There are a lot of oblique references like that on Lost.”

And… “If you ever watch the episodes online, the ones that say "enhanced" have tid-bits…”

Maybe I’ll go back and watch the seasons I missed (I think I stopped in season 4 or 5… it was getting too confusing for me).




funny pictures of cats with captions
see more Lolcats and funny pictures

funny pictures of cats with captions
see more Lolcats and funny pictures



funny pictures of cats with captions
see more Lolcats and funny pictures

funny pictures of cats with captions
see more Lolcats and funny pictures

1 comment: