header info

To see what jewelry creations are currently available Click here!

Monday, September 21, 2009

This and That and comments on comments

Today was pretty jam-packed. I don’t really recall how yesterday was… wow, I mean, that was like less than 24 hours ago. Sigh… I remember taking Mon to … oh wait, that was Gabe. Gabe went to goalie session last night… oh, now I remember… I spent time straightening the apartment. Unfortunately I didn’t make it to the final stage of vacuuming but it does feel a lot better than it did before the weekend.

Okay, THAT paragraph was actually written last night (Sunday)… as I was making an attempt to touch base with my friends and family… but that’s as far as I got before a deep voice from the bedroom said, “Can you help me study for my Government test?”

Blech! I am a ditz when it comes to government. No offense, but politics is NOT my forte. Oh well, now I know more than I ever wanted to about the beginning of Federalist Republic.

Tonight I will try to drill holes in my two silver beads, then I can bake them along with the textured pendant I made.

It was also brought to my attention that there are a lot of differences in the different incarnations of Photoshop and Photoshop Elements, so I will bring that up in regards to the Mandala Tutorial… hopefully this week.

Interest has sparked for the SRAJD local chapters. I need to get that rolling too.

Oh, Monica put up some really cool findings in Etsy. If you want to get some unique components to add to your jewelry making… and help out a goalie who always needs new gear and tournament funds, take a look!


Comments:

Cindy Gimbrone said: Hi Laura,

I think your photos are lovely! Why do you think they're not up to snuff?

I struggle with trying to get a good photo of a long (30" or more) necklace. Arghhh - any suggestions?

Love all the pictures of the jewelry - your PMC leaves necklace is lovely! I like it on the gradient.

Will you put a link to your children's findings site or shop? I never bought anything from them because I didn't know about them. Would like to check it out.

You always post the funniest LOL Cats pictures.

Have a great day!
Cindy


Hi Cindy! Thanks for the comment about my photos… they just aren’t as crisp as I’d like. But when I was 27, I looked up at a really large cat making a ruckus in a tree and said to my boyfriend, “Dang that’s a big cat.” He said, “That’s a raccoon.” I went to the eye doctor the next day and sure enough, I needed glasses (I had no idea!). What if I’m THERE again?! What if my pictures just look ick to me because I can’t focus anymore?! Eeeee!

And wow… yeah, long necklaces (and earrings) are things I hate to photograph. I simply don’t know how to do it… at all. Ugh!

Ha ha! You and I like the same LOL cats. :-)

That white heart on chain and ribbon… ooh la la! Fabulous!

Thanks for mentioning the kids’ beads/findings for sale. They don’t have much up (they are still reliant on me to make their listings online and my time is limited), but I did put the link to Etsy and all Mon’s findings are at the top of the store listings at the moment. Thanks!

ChezChani says: Photos of jewelry. I feel your pain.

Ha ha ha! Yeah, see. It’s like a never-ending thing… always trying to get a good photo.

Some people have the absolute best pictures… Shari slonski comes to mind as one.

BTW, I love this. Are those Lampwork or fused?

Okay, gotta go… TTYL!

No comments:

Post a Comment