header info

To see what jewelry creations are currently available Click here!

Sunday, July 12, 2009

Day 1 of camp, but I have no camp news to report

Because we'll be getting back around 11pm tonight and I will probably be too tired to blog, so I'll tell you what we've done so far today.

We both slept in... massively. Entirely missed the free hotel breakfast (6-10am). Got up around 10:30am. Gabe says we have no jetlag. He says it's negated by the fact that we didn't get any sleep on Friday night... so missing a night of sleep then going to bed at 9:30pm on Saturday and sleeping until 10:30am (holy cow, did we really do that?!) removes the effect of jetlag. Hm... maybe there's a funded study in there somewhere.

We were going to go to breakfast, but Gabe decided that since "check-in" at Dartmouth was at 2pm (and we didn't know what "check-in" consisted of) that we'd just go have an early lunch instead.

My navigator doesn't work up here (so it seems), so we ended up just getting in the car and going. Ended up... hm... I don't remember the name of the town, but we found a diner and had a nice breakfast. There was a very cool-looking cemetery 20 feet or so across from the diner. I took a photo, but can't show you until I get home. Just realized I have no way to upload here. Sorry.

Left for Dartmouth around 1:30pm. It's only a ten minute drive from the hotel. Wow... wow wow wow! What a beatiful and HUGE campus. And the rink (Thompson Arena)... it's gorgeous. I hope the people who go to Dartmouth appreciate where they get to be on a daily basis.

BTW, I want to live in Vermont. It's beautiful... and no smog! I know... I can't 'cause I can't bear the cold, but really... it's just so dang nice here right now.

Anyway, check-in was brief. Then we came back to the hotel and walked around a bit, then returned at 5pm for a meeting. That's it for now. The first game is at 7pm... we'll go and watch that, but Gabe's game isn't until 9pm. Four teams.

Tomorrow, while Gabe has dryland/weight-training, I'll explore the campus. I think we'll need a whole extra suitcase for all the hoodies we want to get. Hee hee. But really... it's a great souvenir. We'll just have to make sure we don't all wear them at the same time.

Oh, another thing they do different here... women's public restrooms (the ones I've been in, anyway) don't use paper toilet seat covers.

Not a complaint, just an observation.

I've been kind of surprised to see that all the seafood places offer lobster, but rarely crab. :-(

I'll get a photo of Thomspon Arena so I can at least show you when I get back to Oakland.

Well, I'd better get back to the room now. Hockey tonight... how exciting! I miss hockey.

Although the coach's speech might have let slip that they really look at the skaters more than the goalies... 'cause what they want to see is "Great passes, great plays, and lots of goals." Ha ha ha! What about great saves? ;-)

Nothing new to us in the world of hockey, which is what makes Hiroki's, Sean's and Steven's camps so nice... it's all goalie-centric. Okay, back to the real world.

Later!

1 comment:

  1. No crab? You're in the middle of the Eastern Seaboard...how can they not have crab??? And, just out of curiosity...how much are they charging for the lobster?

    Dartmouth sounds beautiful, can't wait to see pics!

    ReplyDelete