header info

To see what jewelry creations are currently available Click here!

Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Walking, ArtFire, Copper Sale, Books, Metal Clay

WALKING

I was feeling kind of good about all the walking I'm doing these days (about 90 mins per day on the weekdays, maybe 30-60 mins on the weekends)… but then the kids and I were talking about exercise and Gabe informed me that (other than standing) walking is the lowest form of exercise. Hmph! I don't think he meant it quite the way I took it, but geez…

Since my initial 10 pound loss, there haven't been any more pounds missing, but I think my legs are maybe a tad (a very small tad) thinner due to the walking. I actually feel muscles in there these days.


ARTFIRE


I offered my services to the ArtFire admin to assist them with the gemstone category. They acknowledged my email, but I've heard nothing since. There are a lot of items being sold in their supplies category that do not meet FTC regulations.

Truthfully, I wish places like ArtFire and Etsy had NO COMMERCIAL SUPPLIES available anywhere on their websites. Handmade only… what a nice concept.

If someone could come up with financial backing and/or some technical resources (I don't know how to set-up/program a huge selling site), I'd quit my day job and head up such a pipe dream. And I rather miss the auction option… sometimes those are still fun… but not everyone wants to sell on eBay anymore.


QUOTE


I wish this were on every hockey coach's door:

Flatter me, and I may not believe you.
Criticize me, and I may not like you.
Ignore me, and I may not forgive you.
Encourage me - and I may not forget you
-- William Arthur Ward --


COPPER SALE


ArtBeads is having a 48 hour sale (sorry, I got the email yesterday).


BOOKS

I'm taking stock (again) of my beading and jewelry books. I don't know for sure what I have and I hate buying repeats.


COMMENTS


Thanks Alex. :-)



METAL CLAY


I'm ready (mentally) for another round of metal clay experiments. I picked up some liver of sulfur yesterday, along with some brass rolo chain. At the checkout, though, I actually made two hefty impulse purchases. They had a whole STRAND of Tom Boylan beads. And all their lampwork is currently 40% off. Thank goodness I've been to enough bead shows to know a great price on a TB bead when I see one. I wish I could have gotten more, but I don't want to be greedy. I also picked up a bead from an artist I don't know… I mean, THEY didn't know either. If I take a pic, maybe someone can identify the maker for me. My only guess is Kristan Child.

Anyway, I have some bisque beads on the way and today I just ordered some cork clay. There's no need for me to wait for those, however, since there's still plenty to do and learn and try before they ever get here.

Mostly I want to relocate the kiln and replace the kitty stink fiberglass blanket bit with non-kitty stink fiberglass blanket bit.


NEW LISTINGS

Dang it! I ran out of time. I'll have to show you the new listings tomorrow.

TTYL!

1 comment:

  1. ummm...maybe you could go back to the store and be greedy...I'd love a whole strand of his beads!

    ReplyDelete