header info

To see what jewelry creations are currently available Click here!

Thursday, March 19, 2009

Little Bits Here and There... Customers, Gemstones, Metal Clay Books, and Quotes

VERNAL EQUINOX

Tomorrow is the first day of spring. I don't know why, but I've always liked recognizing the equinoxes and solstices.


HEALTH ACADEMY

Mon was accepted into the Oakland Tech Health Academy (her brother has one more year of the Engineering Academy there). She was very nervous about making it in, so this is a big relief to her.


CUSTOMERS

I had a really pleasant day interacting with some of my favorite customers today. I love learning about what people like and what they do in their lives.


GEMSTONES

Stumbled onto this site (Rana Mountain Studio), which seemed to have decent prices, but more importantly they really tell you about their gemstones upfront. I like how they even mention that Green Amethyst is heat-treated. So hard to find honest vendors who disclose anymore.




METAL CLAY


I ordered Babette's book today (Metal Clay Beads: Techniques, Projects, Inspiration A Lark Jewelry Book by Barbara Becker Simon) . I can't wait until she starts blogging again.



QUOTES

I like quotes because they make me think… hopefully they help me remember, too.

Do more than belong: participate.
Do more than care: help.
Do more than believe: practice.
Do more than be fair: be kind.
Do more than forgive: forget.
Do more than dream: work.
-- William Arthur Ward

Art is the imposing of a pattern on experience, and our aesthetic enjoyment is recognition of the pattern.
-- Alfred North Whitehead (1861-1947, British Mathematician, Philosopher)

Did you ever notice how difficult it is to argue with someone who is not obsessed with being right?
-- Dr. Wayne W. Dyer


COMMENTS

Thank you, Christelle, for the very lovely comment! I'm waiting patiently for you to publish a book. Well… c'mon!

Dave! Oh my gosh... I haven't been to a Rings-n-Things show in forever! I guess I'd better get on over to the website and see when you'll be in town. I'm almost out of my 1000 foot roll of Accuflex!!!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Laura, let's see, if you're in Oakland how about our May 14 bead show in San Mateo? We'll be delighted to invite you!

    --Dave
    at Rings & Things

    ReplyDelete